Haven - Trouble Alley
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event: Target

+3
Admin
Kedreeva
Jodie
7 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Event: Target - Page 9 Empty Re: Event: Target

Post by Jadzibelle Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:14 pm

So team!  You have the ability to move about the store and gather items to help you attempt to exit the Target.

All Athletics and Intellect checks are made at a +4 bonus due to Cooperation Scores.

A character may attempt to clear an aisle in one of two ways.

• Attempting to leap entire aisles in one jump takes an Athletics check of 16
  • Attempting to move across aisles using red squares in the middle as stepping stones takes an Athletics check of 14
  • Attempting to move with awkward loads raises the difficulty of any Athletics check by 2

Failing an Athletics Check to cross an aisle results in falling in.

If someone falls in, they must pass an Athletics check of 12 to grab for a solid surface or they begin to sink

• It takes 2 complete rounds to sink and go Under
  • Characters who critical fail (roll a natural 1) an attempt to grab for a solid surface have to make an Intellect: I Am Not Panicking roll or they lose the second round and go Under immediately
  • Characters must have help in the form of an Athletics: Rescue check (difficulty 14) by someone else to get them out
  • If the fallen character has previously announced that they are using the Rope, the party receives a +2 bonus to Athletics: Rescue checks
  • If a fallen character was carrying something, they drop it  Dropped items have a 50/50 chance to Sink.  If they Sink, they are lost.  If they do not sink, they are presumed to have fallen on a solid surface.  (Backpacks do not count for this roll, as they are assumed to be worn.)

Rules for going Under will be posted when applicable. =)

Edited to add:
If a player critically fails (rolls a natural 1) an Athletics: Rescue check, they also fall in.

Last edited by Jadzibelle on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jadzibelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadzibelle Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:52 pm

Too dazed and relieved to do much more than blink when Riesy bounced quickly to her feet, Tanner gave himself a moment to lie there and be glad it’d worked. To be glad he’d been there.

And to indulge in a moment of startled confusion at Riesy simply going into his pocket after something she’d wanted, that, he hadn’t expected.

When he was pretty sure he could stand up without betraying the way adrenaline and fear had left him shaking, he pushed himself up and listened to the others poke and prod and investigate- he couldn’t think of anything to try that they weren’t already trying, so he kept his mouth shut and stayed out of the way.

Particularly when Doc started tossing furniture, which was both impressive and somewhat terrifying. The fact that the metal rack disappeared completely from view was not particularly reassuring.

Jadzibelle

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdyMarie Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:19 pm

Riesy looked around at the rest of them, realizing what they were waiting for. "So which of you is going?"

BirdyMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by havensqueenbookwench Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:26 pm

"We should probably all go," Lilybeth said.  "Stick together."

havensqueenbookwench

Back to top Go down

Post by yumearashi Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:34 pm

"Makes sense," Doc grunted.  "I can go first, s'just a step across for me.  Anyone needs help landing, I'll be there. Gonna need supplies before we can head for the doors, though."

yumearashi

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdyMarie Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:40 pm

Riesy edged towards the end of the carpet, trying to peer over the dainties across from them and the shelves of bags and hats to see the door. "Sarge, did you say fifteen feet?"

S/he turned and looked into the gloom at the back of the store. "Anyone pass any ladders-" shiz voice cracked at the idea of going to find one. S/he cleared shiz throat and fisted shiz shaking fingers in the sleeves of shiz coat, "while they were stocking up?"

BirdyMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadzibelle Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:46 pm

“Yeah,” Tanner replied, brow furrowing at the crack in Riesy’s voice. “Saw them, toward the very back. Just in front of the camping gear. ...Shouldn’t be too hard to get to.” The carpets still seemed solid, after all, it was- just a careful step across. They would, they would just step over into the other section, and, and keep doing that, and then they’d get the ladders.

Totally manageable.

Really.

Jadzibelle

Back to top Go down

Post by yumearashi Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:55 pm

"Fair enough.  Everyone ready to move out?" Doc asked.

yumearashi

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdyMarie Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:06 am

When Doc turned to step into the aisle, Riesy did not remember even making the decision, s/he just acted. S/he lunged for him and grabbed a fistful of his coat, springing back with both hands in the air just as quickly when he turned. S/he pressed shiz raised hands forward in a 'stop' gesture, trying to regain control of shiz breathing. "Just...maybe we take some precautions first. Just in case."

S/he lowered shiz hands when she noticed them shaking.

BirdyMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by havensqueenbookwench Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:08 am

Lilybeth rummaged around in her bag and pulled out a longish coil of rope. "Could we use this to like, I dunno, tie each other together? Like safety lines? For if someone slips or something."

havensqueenbookwench

Back to top Go down

Post by yumearashi Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:11 am

Doc glared fiercely at Riesy for a moment, but noticed shim trembling and turned away.  "Not the worst idea ever," he grunted.

yumearashi

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdyMarie Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:16 am

"Good looks, buddy," Riesy said, kneeling down with Lilybeth. S/he weighed it and snapped it for the test, then looked up at her. "Can I cut it? I can cut this and tie it into legit harnesses." S/he looked up imploringly at the three other crew mates. "All linked up, so no one...no one else goes in."

BirdyMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by havensqueenbookwench Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:21 am

"Sure," Lilybeth said. "I didn't even think about that. I can do knots too, make it go a little faster."

havensqueenbookwench

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadzibelle Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:21 am

“Sounds like a good plan,” Tanner agreed, mostly because Riesy looked scared and the tremble in her voice tasted like fruit that had gone off, and really, given how quickly their test objects had disappeared, they’d just gotten lucky.

And he wasn’t going to think too hard about that, because if he did, he was going to end up spending the night in a Troubled Target, which did not sound like a good idea on any level.

Jadzibelle

Back to top Go down

Post by yumearashi Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:25 am

"Might be I should put my harness on after crossing," Doc grunted.  "If I go down, could drag you with me.  Better to anchor the line once I'm over."

yumearashi

Back to top Go down

Post by havensqueenbookwench Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:52 am

"Enough of us pull together, think we could manage," Lilybeth said. "And if we need them"--she reached into her pocket--"Anyone else got one of these?" She held up a well cared for Swiss Army pocketknife.

havensqueenbookwench

Back to top Go down

Post by yumearashi Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:02 am

Doc snorted and reached into his coat, pulling out a knife that would have put Crocodile Dundee's to shame.

yumearashi

Back to top Go down

Post by BirdyMarie Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:04 am

Riesy immediately shook shiz head. "You could tie it too tight, hurt yourself." At Lilybeth's dark question, s/he ground shiz teeth and looked away. S/he didn't want to think of anyone else in the crush of the floor. There had to be a way to keep them all safe.

S/he had seen something... "Tanner. Can I use your lantern clip to rig Doc up separate so he can clip the rest of us on once he gets over there?"

At Tanner's unsure "Sure?" Riesy nodded and took the end of the rope from Lilybeth.

"Alright then. Let's get started. Lilybeth, come watch, and you can do Isabelle while I rig T- really?" Doc had taken a step back. He reached for the end of the rope. Riesy felt the deep breath puffing shim up, but had burnt all shiz control out with Tanner earlier. S/he gripped the rope and raised shiz vice, giant fuck-off knife be damned. "Listen, tough guy. I get that you don't like us and I would respect that any other time but today you're gonna stand still and deal with it. That shit is gonna be a lot worse falling into than dealing with another human in your space for less than five fucking minutes. So lift your coat, spread your legs, and stand the fuck still. I'm trying to keep you alive."

He complied, grouchily, and s/he set to work weaving the harness into being around him, careful not to touch or tug too hard despite shiz bluster. "Tanner? Gonna need that clip."

BirdyMarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jadzibelle Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:09 am

Tanner had no interest in picking a fight with Doc, but he was inclined to agree with Lilybeth and Riesy- better that they have the option of trying to pull him back, than that they just leave him on his own. When Riesy asked for the carabiner clip he’d used to attach the lantern, he agreed without thinking about it- but in fumbling for one of the knives he’d picked up in the camping section, he pulled out one of the other clips, and offered that up first.

“I have a couple clips,” he said, pleased that he could actually volunteer useful supplies, despite walking out the door without even a winter jacket. “And knives. Not- that impressive,” he said, flicking a wary glance at the very large blade Doc had proffered in response, “but if anyone needs a spare.”

Jadzibelle

Back to top Go down

Post by yumearashi Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:18 am

Doc glared fiercely at Riesy for a moment, his nose irritated by the sharp, spicy scent that accompanied her yelling, before grudgingly complying.  He glared around at the others while he did so, daring any of them to so much as smirk.

yumearashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedreeva Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Eve leaned against the side of Doc's head for stability, a purr buzzing the entire side of her body where they were touching. <I've seen children sulk less over doing something they don't wanna> she told him, and her tone said she absolutely would be grinning at him.  <Do you think they're gonna try to put me in one of those too?>

Kedreeva

Back to top Go down

Post by yumearashi Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Doc glared glared mildly at Eve.  "You need a lifeline more'n any of us.  Least likely to fall in, but least able to get out if you do."

yumearashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedreeva Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:09 pm

<Can't you just, like, stick me in your coat?> she asked, sounding slightly anxious.

Kedreeva

Back to top Go down

Post by yumearashi Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:13 pm

"You'd wanna get stuffed in my coat?" Doc said surprised.  "I c'n do that, but you still need a lifeline."

yumearashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedreeva Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Eve's fur ruffled a little as she realized what she'd said. <I don't not want to get stuffed in your coat, but I do Not want to be tied up!> she told him. Then she growled and dug her claws into the leather of his jacket as she tried to convince herself it was fine. They were trying to protect her. <Whatever. It's- it's okay. Just... You'll get me out of it as soon as we're on the other side right?>

Kedreeva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next